A hammock tent for two-person can bring the best moment of your outdoor stay. It is the ultimate chill-out sport you can ever come across. It takes your sleeping under the stars to another level. If you are considering buying a hammock tent for two-person, we can help you out.
Below are things, including guides and reviews, you need to look for when choosing a two-person hammock tent.
Large space for 2 person, removable rainfly and full cover bug net for good view, sturdy and durable design, Tentsile Connect Tree Tent
Top-rated, versatile for camping, hiking, 500 lbs large capacity, 3 minutes set up design to save energy and time, Winner Outfitters Hammock
Hot sale with low price, lightweight for 2 person, high tenacity Nylon fabric, ENO DoubleNest 2 Person Hammock
How to Choose a 2 Person Hammock Tent?
Take a look at these concerns before buying a hammock tent.
The hammocks are designed in two sizes which are single and double fit. The double hammock is relatively large and can comfortably accommodate two people.
The double hammocks are quite popular even for people who don’t plan on sharing the hammock because they are more comfortable and offer more space than the single model. So, any hammock with a measurement of around 5 inches is perfect for two people.
The other crucial factor worth noting is the capacity that the hammock can hold. Although the double models are safe for two persons, you also need to consider how much weight the hammock can hold for your hammock’s safety and durability.
The majorities of double hammocks hold a capacity of between 400lbs to 600lbs, respectively. Therefore, if you are both big-sized and weigh probably around 400 pounds, consider a model that can hold from 450lbs and above pounds.
The weight of the double hammocks may be determined by the materials and the accessories available. Naturally, the double hammocks are relatively heavier than the single models considering they have more fabric to accommodate two individuals.
But still, some double hammock models are made in lightweight style for portability. Nonetheless, double models are still reliable for outdoor activities like backpacking since they are portable.
The prices of double hammocks differ according to the size, materials, accessories, and even design. Considering hammocks are meant to be suspended on a surface, in return, they are quite expensive than the standard ground model. A good and robust double hammock may cost you from 100 dollars and above.
Accessories for Hammock Tent
This is one of the most accessible and most useful accessories to get for preventing mosquitoes from accessing you when enjoying some quality time or sleep on the hammock.
Some hammocks come attached with the bug net that requires being closed throughout to ensure no bugs can access the hammock’s interiors. But note some nets are removable in case you don’t want to use the net.
The rain fly is a necessary accessory to tag along when going for an outdoor adventure with your hammock. The rainfly secures you from the outdoor elements like rain, wind and the sun.
The hammock rain fly is meant to be hanged above the hammock itself to secure you while sleeping or even cooking.
Considering the hammock is meant to be hanged on surfaces, you need solid straps for adhering the hammock to trees or other surfaces. Make sure the straps are solid and resistant to damages from outdoor weather elements. Nylon and stretch polyester are the best materials for making hammock straps.
If you are going for outdoor occasions or rather want to set up the hammocks in an area without trees, a model that comes with a stand is crucial. The hammock stands act as supporting accessories where you fasten the hammock to hang.
They are equipped with loops for fastening the straps on. Note that some hammock stands may come assembled, and others require assembling before you fasten the hammock tent.
This is a crucial part of the hammock that keeps the hammock fabric spread out, flat and taut. The spreader bar enables one to have an easy time accessing the hammock, and in case the hammock gets wet, it will take lesser time to dry when spread out.
It is quite tiring and annoying to get off the hammock and access it back, maybe to grab a cup of coffee or a bottle of your favourite drink. So, the cup holder helps to hold your drinks at a close by for easy access when needed.
Reviews of the 5 Best 2 Person Hammock Tents
1. Hot Sale – ENO Portable Hammock for Outdoor Camping
Being the perfect hammock for snuggling up or reading a book side by side, this versatile and durable hammock is great for enjoying the great outdoors and is easy to carry with you on your adventures as it only weighs 19 ounces.
Made of high-quality material, you can rest easy knowing that while you are lounging outside in this hammock, it won’t tip or fall and is made from breathable nylon taffeta material.
However, it should be noted that the suspension straps are sold separately. That said, this is still a great hammock that is large enough for two, or roomy if using as an individual. It is durable and the compact design allows you to carry it with.
- The fabric for this hammock is strong and durable enough to allow for up to 400 pounds
- Easy to set up and use, and is big enough for two people without fearing the hammock tearing or ripping
- Lightweight enough to easily carry and store; making it easy to take with you while camping, hiking, or enjoying nature
- Suspension straps are sold separately, adding to the cost to use the hammock
2. Best Budget – Fox Lightweight Nylon Hammock Tent for Backpacking
Available in a variety of colors, the Fox Outfitters double hammock is a great option to bring with you when camping or just enjoying the outdoors. Everything that you would need in order to store, carry with you, or hang this hammock is available in the purchase and it is easy to set up and take down.
The strong and breathable woven nylon is both lightweight and durable allowing two people to enjoy this hammock together. This product comes with a carrying bag, carabiners, and ropes that will not damage the trees as you are swinging or relaxing in this hammock for two.
A budget-friendly choice, this hammock for two will allow you to enjoy all that nature has to offer without breaking the bank.
- This hammock is both comfortable and durable, allowing up to 400 pounds between two people without tearing or ripping
- Easy to set up and disassemble, the purchase of this product has everything that you would need in order to start enjoying it without costing too much
- In addition to having a good capacity for weight, this is a very comfortable hammock for two with a breathable material so that you won’t get overly hot during the summer months
- Better suited for two people, and for individual use, you may find that you sink too far into the middle
3. Top Rated – WINNER Double Camping Hammock Tent for Two
One of the more durable double hammocks on the market, the Winner tent can support up two 500 pounds comfortably between two people, with still having enough room to comfortably move around as needed. This lightweight hammock for two is easy to set up, store, and carry; enabling you to use it for a variety of activities such as camping, beach trips, traveling, or just enjoying the great outdoors from your yard.
Using the ropes and equipment provided in the purchase, it takes only a few minutes to both set up and take down. Weighing in at only 1.5 pounds and made of ultra durable nylon material, this will become a new staple that you will want to bring with you on all of your outdoor excursions.
- Crafted of quality material that is both durable and breathable
- Easy to use and durable enough to hold up to 500 pounds without ripping or tearing
- Comes with everything that you may need in order to use right out of the box: hammock for two, carabiners, tree-friendly straps with rope, and a carrying case
- The including straps may not long enough to meet your need
4. Most Durable – Tensile Two Person Tree Hammock Tent with Rainfly
Available in a variety of colors, the Tensile tent is great for building a sleeping area while camping that is suspended in the air and off the ground, which allows you to sleep off of the cold hard floor.
Enjoy the comfort of the tent and the versatility of a hammock that is large enough to accommodate two people made with waterproof and UV-resistant material that will keep you warm and safe.
Weighing only 16 pounds, this is a very easy camping accessory to carry with you and if you are unable to find a good spot to suspend this tent, it can work as a traditional on-the-ground tent as well. Connect to nature in all of your outdoor excursions easily and comfortably with this suspended tent that will give you more versatility to set up your tent anywhere that there are adequate mature trees.
Made from high quality material, this suspendable tent will not rip or tear easily, and can be left erect for long periods of time.
- The straps that are included are long enough (18 feet), giving you a wide radius to suspend the tent
- Built with durability in mind, this tent can comfortably fit two people with a maximum of up to 800 pounds
- Adds a versatility factor that traditional ground tents lack; and allows you to enjoy all that nature has to offer while staying safe and out of the weather
- There is not a ladder included in the purchase, so if you are wanting to suspend it higher than eye level, you may want to plan accordingly
5. Ultralight – Newdora Waterproof & Windproof Hammock Tent for Outdoor Activities
This enclosed hammock for two from Newdora offers the protection of a tent with the serenity and views of a hammock, with the option to forego the mosquito net for a comfortable hammock that allows you to experience nature and feel the cool breeze.
The mosquito net enables you to experience all that nature has to offer while keeping out the bugs and insects, and the hammock is roomy enough for two to sleep comfortably.
The pop up mosquito net allows you to avoid bugs and insects without feeling confined, and if there is no need for the mosquito net it easily folds into the hammock without feeling intrusive or a burden.
The hammock itself is easy to assemble and takedown, and comes with a convenient carrying case for easy storage.
- Comfortable and roomy enough for two people to easily relax or sleep in
- High-quality material that is both breathable and won’t rip or tear easily
- Easy to haul, set up, and take down; the raised mosquito netting allows extra protection that folds into the hammock easily when not in use
- It bears 600 pounds at the most
Hammock Tents vs. Dome Tents vs. Cabin Tents
1. 2 Person Hammock Tent
A two person hammock tent is considered as a hybrid of hammock tents. It can accommodate two people at a go.
It allows two people to sleep together without being crumbled together and has a lot of space, which offers a perfect resting place for a mother’s wife, her kid, or couples.
What We Like
- It has extra room for relaxation; this means you will have enough space to relax with someone you love comfortably without any disturbances.
- It has extra parachute material which makes getting in it to be more comfortable, and well increases your stability when getting out of it as well as when you are sleeping.
What We Dislike
- You won’t have enough space to store your stuff.
- Another problem is that since you are on air, you will get the cold very first as compared to sleeping on the ground.
2. 2 Man Dome Tents
Dome tents have been in use for a long time. They are the most popular this if tents around. Some are large enough to stand in, but a two-person tent is not enough for one to hold in.
This tent is made from water-repellant fabrics to allow faster water runoff. It is spacious enough to accommodate two people. It has an automatic design that is easy to install with dual entrance space for secure entrance and proper air ventilation and visibility.
One can easily separate the inner tent from the outer one for multifunctional use. Installing a two-person dome tent is not a hard task given the flexible glass pole of the instant tents that allows one to set it up in a few seconds.
What We Like
- Gives more headroom. One can walk in comfortably.
- It is best when it comes to wind resistance given its dome shape enables the wind to flow over it smoothly.
- It has more room for storing your stuff when on vacation. You won’t have to look for somewhere else to store your belongings.
What We Dislike
- This tent is not useful when there have high winds
- You have to pay attention to the curved zipped door when using a dome tent
3. 2-Person Cabin Tents
A cabin tent has vertical walls that make this type of tent look precisely like a cabin. A cabin tent is designed to allow more space inside for easy movement inside it.
An instant cabin tent is also designed in a manner that can be set up in a few minutes. This makes it easy doe someone who is as going to a campsite so easily take the tent our old travel bag and install it easily without any pressure.
What We Like
- Cheaper compared to other types of tents.
- It provides more space for toys head and a tall entrance which makes entry and exit to be easy.
What We Dislike
- Not in a good position to withstand harsh weather
- The heavyweight which makes transportation difficult
Benefits of Using a Two-person Hammock Tent
If you plan to use the hammock with another individual, you must consider getting the two-person model. It is cheaper than when you buy two single hammocks. The two-person hammocks are crafted to accommodate two people comfortably and can hold heavyweights.
No one wants to carry multiple or bulky items for an outdoor activity such as camping or backpacking. So, with a two-person hammock, you will only need to create a carrying space for a single item than when you buy two singles.
Easy to set up
You are not guaranteed to get favourable spaces to hang your hammocks when you go to the woods. With one two-person hammock, you will need to find a safe place to equip it, and you get to install it in a place the both of you are closeby. Setting up is also much easier and faster.
- Health benefits
Promotes the excellent sleeping position
Naturally, hammocks are perfect sleeping spaces for the outdoors since they position the body at the right angle. Also, the hammocks conform to one’s body; thus, keeping you in that sleeping position for safety and comfort.
A 2 person hammock is more comfortable since it gives enough space for you to turn while sleeping.
Offers deep sleep
Research shows that hammocks help support REM sleep, one of the deepest and comfortable sleep one can achieve. Hammock positions your body at the right sleeping angle to prevent fatigue from allowing you to enjoy your sleep.
Eliminates body pressure
The fact that the two-person hammock ensures your body does not contact the sleeping surface or hard sleeping surface ensures you have no pressure on your body. Unlike with other sleeping surfaces like mattress where your body has to conform to it, the hammock conforms to one’s body.
How to Set up a Tensile Hammock Tree Tent?
Are two-person hammocks comfortable?
If you are using the two-person hammock alone, I guarantee you will have great comfort since it is more spacious and has a larger allowance. The two-person hammocks are safe for two people but even more comfortable when you use them as a single-person hammock.
Can one person use a two-person hammock?
Yes! The two-person hammock is traditionally designed to fit significant individuals who cannot fit on a single model. However, two people can use it as long they have the limit weight capacity the hammock can hold.