What is a dark rest tent? It is the latest trend in camping. There is some tent that claims to be dark rest tents but the following description will help a camper set them apart.
What Makes a Dark Tent?
There are some features that the tent must have to make it a dark tent.
1. The tent needs to have a fly that will allow it to block some of the light out. This will allow the tent to be dark inside.
2. The tent should have some additional paneling under the ceiling. This will help block out the light.
3. Some tents are made with darker material in the inner sleeping room that will block out the light. These tents have been described as lights out tents.
4. There are some tents with additional insulated to make them dark inside. These tents have additional insulating layers under the tent shell. This will help block out the light and allow the inside of the tent to be darker.
- Dark room technology: Blocks 90% of sunlight (vs. a comparable Coleman tent) so you can sleep in past sunrise
- Reduces heat: For a more comfortable rest anytime of day
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Visibility at night: Reflective guy lines are easier to spot in the dark
- Room divider: For added privacy
- Instant setup: In as fast as 1 minute
- Roomy interior: 14 x 10 feet. With 6 feet 7 inch center height; Fits 4 queen-size air beds
- 1-year limited warranty
Why Do You Need to Use a Dark Tent?
#1. Reduce Glare and Light at Day and Night
These designs were made to help reduce glare and light that entered the tent so that it would look dark inside. This will allow the camper to sleep in later if they desired or they would be able to take a nap during the day without the sun getting in their eyes.
The tents with the additional layers of insulation look dark from the extra material that went into their construction.
#2. Reduce Heat
While the tents may be dark during the day, it does not have a big impact on heating. The tent is able to reflect 95 percent of the light from the sun.
It may also be able to reduce the amount of heat entering the tent. The dark tents can reduce heat by 11 percent. Some tents are made with breathable material so there will be no change in the temperature and a person will be able to sleep comfortably.
#3. Blocks Sunlight
The lights out tent will also help block out the light from the sun. These tents have vinyl windows and they are built with darker material to keep the sun out.
A person will be able to put the tent up like always and they will not have to worry about the light getting into their face when they are trying to sleep.
#4. Protect You from Cold in Winter
Depending on where a person likes to camp, the dark tent can use the insulation to stand up to the colder temperatures. They will be able to block out the light and the insulation is made, so they can stand up to cold temperatures and environments. This will allow a person to camp during any season even in colder places.
The dark tent will allow a person to keep the light out of their tent. This can be useful when they are looking to sleep longer or if they want to have a peaceful rest without the sun getting into their eyes.
A person will be able to enjoy the darkness and they will not have to worry about any discomfort from the light entering the tent.
- Dark Room technology blocks 90% of sunlight so you can sleep in past sunrise; it also reduces temperatures inside the tent for a comfortable night's sleep
- Stay dry thanks to the Weather Tec system with its tub-like floor, patented corner welds, and protected seams to help keep water out
- Strong frame has been tested to withstand 35+ mph winds
- E-Port makes it easy to bring electrical power inside your tent
- Measures 10 ft. x 10 ft. with 6 ft. center height; fits 2 queen-size airbed