Planning to go camping in groups of six persons? You need not necessarily carry many tents with you. It is possible for you to lay your hand on only one that is comprehensive and large enough to accommodate all of you.
We have identified and are going to review 10 of the best 6-person tents on the market now. Key considerations for choosing are also included.
Get more insights about the best 6 person tents!
Quick Pick of Best 6 Person Tents
Dark Room Technology to block light, strong frame to resist wind, Coleman Dome Tent
Highly weatherproof, spacious enough to fit 2 queen-sized bed, Coleman WeatherMaster Tent
Instant tent for easy setup, a cabin shape for higher headroom, Coleman Instant Cabin Tent
Built-in closet to protect your privacy well, integrated cabinets for extra storage, Coleman Tenaya Lake Tent
A Guide on Choosing the Best 6 Person Tents
There are a few hints that you should see when picking the 6 man tent, and here are some of them.
The more weight you need to ship, the higher the heaviness of the 6 man tent. If you convey a rucksack, the significance of the store turns out to be significant.
Be that as it may, regardless of whether you take it from the vehicle to the camp, you will need to be sensible. Once more, running a tent preparation will tell you that it is so natural to move it.
If you’re looking for a lightweight one, this tent should weigh less than 20 lbs. This ALPS Mountaineering 6 person tent may need your need.
Tent installation appears to be a confounded undertaking. Tents are a vital and helpful bit of outdoor hardware, with no uncertainty. Yet, a few baffled individuals have reviled their tent since they attempted to introduce it in obscurity without great arranging.
However, when you install a tent commonly, it turns into a family standard that can be effectively rehashed even in the most testing states of climbing and outdoors. When you have aced the arrangement of a kind of tent, it will be simpler to introduce different sorts of tents, be they search for tents or family tents.
3. Interior Space
How much interior space doesn’t the tent highlight? Well, note that you will need a spacious tent meant to accommodate you all, and each person’s gear.
On that note, we would recommend a tent with a floor area ranging between 90 square feet and 100 square feet. Also, opt for a tent that includes a screen room, gear loft, vestibules, and storage pockets to facilitate gear storage.
4. Weatherproof Rating
Does the 6 man tent keep you dry? Ensure the tent is made of waterproof, dislike those things you can get from the 6 man tent. Check the layers and fly if they are weatherproof. Water can, without much of a stretch, discover its way through an awful crease.
Somewhere in the range of 6 man tents likewise accompany a downpour fly to check for another downpour. Water won’t leak under you. You can spread the tent on the floor for included assurance. You would prefer not to rest in a wet bed.
The texture of the 6 man tent can be made of numerous materials, including nylon, cotton, felt, and polyester.
- Cotton takes water, so it can end up awkward when wet. However, the growing related to the material will appear in general, square any first gap until wet cotton drys. Cotton tents are frequently treated with paraffin to improve water opposition.
- Polyester and nylon are a lot lighter than cotton and don’t assimilate an excessive amount of water; with an appropriate material, it tends to be impervious to water yet will, in general, fall apart after some time because of the moderate substance decay brought about by UV beams.
- The most widely recognized medications to make the texture waterproof are silicone impregnation or polyethylene material.
10 Best Rated 6 Person Tents Reviews in 2021
1. Excellent Ventilation – Coleman 6 Person Dark Room Dome Tent with Screen Porch
Setup: 7 munites
Center Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Setting up bases in the wet and swampy areas comes along with the added danger of mosquito infestation. To be on the safe side of issues, you have to choose a tent that is properly configured to prevent you from such a hazard. This best Coleman 6-person tent will do you that.
Screen Room: It does have a large screen room entrance which filters out the insects we have spoken about. The screen basically comprises a mesh that does the actual task of filtering out the insects. At the same time, the entire makeup of the tent is such that it resists water and other forms of precipitation.
Privacy: As you rest inside, you will also enjoy unhindered views of the exterior areas. That is because the windows are translucent and hence allow limited light to seep in. The interior is also partitioned for added privacy and personalized use.
- Large enough to accommodate larger air beds
- Pitches faster with minimal effort and setup time
- Withstands the harsh tropical winds and is hence safer
- Exudes some high visual appeals for anyone to behold
- Creates some unparalleled privacy which is good for communal applications
- Sustains too high levels of dirt
2. Weatherproof – Coleman WeatherMaster 6 Person Tent with Screen Room
Tent Weight: 32 pounds
Peak Height: 6 feet 8 inches
Do you go out camping every now and then? For your own peace of mind, the tent you use ideally ought to be usable in all the four seasons. Without wasting too much of your time, get hold of this best 4-season 6-person tent as soon as you possibly can.
Spacious: With all regards, the tent is spacious enough to hold two queen-size air beds. Then, it confers some separate floorless screen room. This one blocks out all insects and critters to create a bug-free lounging room for you. It is the place you will choose to rest and relax as you so wish.
Material: Some patented welded floors work hand in hand with the inverted seams to maintain the interior of the tent in a perpetual state of complete dryness. Its fabric makeup, on the other hand, is resistant to all manner of adverse weather and is hence truly reliable.
- Heavily zippered to keep al cold out
- Keeps the interior completely dry and comfortable
- Its seams are protected to prevent the inflow of water
- Does not leak at all even when it rains heavily outside
- Stronger floors endure all forms of fidgeting and meddling
- Complex operational procedures
- Only for those with deep pockets
3. LED Lights – Coleman 6 Person Camping Tent with Spacious Rooms
Floor Size: 12 x 10 feet
Peak Height: 72 inches
Is your search for the right tent mainly dictated by the need for camping? You need one that is multipurpose in nature. This best 6-person camping tent, by virtue of containing all the relevant traits, is better placed to do a good job. You should hence prioritize it in your search for the best camping companion.
Compact & Spacious: Generally speaking, the tent is small, compact yet spacious enough to handle all kinds of gears. It is hence a good one to make do with if you are short on space yet have many gears to carry along with you. Its benefits stretch further beyond merely being compact yet spacious.
Ventilation: The tent is also appropriately ventilated to guarantee the smooth inflow and circulation of air. Thus, you will not really struggle to breathe or stay in a state of comfort as you spend your time in a tent. In this way, the tent is also comfortable enough for long-term use.
- Sets up in under 10 minutes only
- Roomy enough for the whole family
- Well-lit to the tune of 1,000 lumens
- Welded floors block all moisture out
- 3 levels of adjustable brightness settings
- Fits six camp pads and two queen-size air mattresses
- The divider uses thin material
4. Lightweight for Backpacking – ALPS Mountaineering 6 Person Ultralight Tent
Floor Size: 10 x 10 feet
Peak Height: 72 inches
Total Weight: 16 lbs. 1 oz.
Could it be that you operate a schedule that is way too squeezed? Your solution lies in a tent that pitches faster and is also convenient to handle.
This best ALPS Mountaineering 6-person backpacking tent is a good one to look up to. It boasts of easy assembly and is hence quicker to engage.
Fly: A number of elegant parts, features and components converge to make the tent stand out. Chief of these is the Polyester fly. Unlike the ordinary flies, this one goes a step ahead to block the infiltration of ultraviolet radiation and water. They also combine to provide an awning over each door.
Storage: The tent is also fully equipped with a spacious storage pocket, guy ropes, gear loft, and two awnings that adorn the doorway. Together, these apparatus confer to you some seamless convenience which goes a long way on making you better comforted.
- Provides extra ventilation to the interior
- Keeps all your items well organized throughout use
- Extra-large storage spaces pack all of your gears tightly
- Lasts slightly longer than the ordinary tents of its stature
- Has two doors for smoother evacuations in moments of emergencies
- Takes a bit of time to deploy for use
5. Easy Setup – Coleman 6 Person Instant Pop up Cabin Tent
Peak Height: 6 feet
Tent Dimensions: 10 x 9 feet
Tents that are shaped in the forms of cabins are large and spacious than their counterparts that bear different shapes. It is hence a good idea to tap into the best Coleman 6 man cabin tent for your camping.
This is particularly the case if you are desirous of maximum comfort as you get along.
Interior Space: This tent will give you much more than a spacious interior. Of all the tents on our radar, it is this one that sets up the fastest. On average, it takes only a minute to do the same. Further to the faster installations, the tent also has enough room for two queen-size air beds.
Well Ventilation & Durable Material: On account of its integrated vented rainfly, the tent greatly improves the flow of air without requiring that you attach any extra accessories to make this possible. Its seams are taped by use of the 150D/150D Polyester material. They hence block off all moisture from creeping in.
- Instant setup and easy takedown
- Provides added protection from the rain
- Improves the inflow and circulation of air
- Manufactured using rugged and thick fabric
- Stands tall to the rigors of the rugged outdoors
- Retains its reliability in all the seasons of the year
- Lacks the ability to fold
6. Best Seller – Coleman 6 Person Dome Tent with a Screened Porch
Peak Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Screen Room Size: 10 x 5 feet
Want to stand upright while in the tent? Choose a dome tent. This kind of tent has the highest displacement of the tent height. This is to mean that the distance from the ground to its peak is the highest. Of all the dome tents, none beats this best Coleman 6 man dome tent with regards to that metric.
Spacious & Protection: Beyond the dome structure, this tent is truly spacious enough to be able to handle two queen size mattresses and beds. Then, it possesses a screen room that is attached for the purpose of blocking off all critters and flying insects. Its patented floor clearly seals the deal.
Material: Being made of strong and powerful fabric, the floor maintains some dryness that is unequaled with any other tent. Chances of your feet sustaining the athlete’s feet and other hygiene-related illnesses are hence severely depressed. You also get some added peace of mind as you relax freely.
- Gives you the space to gaze outside unhindered
- Brings in copious amounts of air and natural lighting
- Covered storage area handles all your gears conveniently
- Possesses a separate screening room for added ventilation
- Keeps off all the rain and outward moisture from creeping in
- One door is a poor point for emergency and evacuations
7. Double Rooms – Coleman Tent for 6 Person Family with Cabinets
Floor Size: 13 x 9 feet
Tent Weight: 33.2 pounds
Wind Resistance: 35+ mph
Planning to camp out as a family unit? It is imperative that you do not waste your time and effort. This cannot mean anything else apart from choosing and working with the best tent for 6-person family. It is appropriately equipped to care for the needs of an entire family.
Closet & Fast Pitch: It does comprise a built-in closet that is equipped with shelves as well as a hanger bar. These shelves provide more than enough space to store your gears. They also organize all your essentials in such a way as to declutter the interiors. Next, the tent pitches faster to save you some time.
Spaces: Its interior is also spacious enough to handle some two queen airbeds. On the whole, the tent is also truly comfortable and provides a safe interior for your own habitation. As an added bonus, the tent also lets you wash your clothes and hang them in to dry.
- A covered zipper keeps all the water out
- Pitches 55% faster than the ordinary tents
- Withstands 35 miles per hour of harsh winds
- Comes pre-attached and ready for deployment
- All the poles and accessories are color-coded for easy identification
- Cannot let you peek outside
- Lacks a footprint and hence it may be cold for winter
8. 4 Season – Core 6 Person Instant Tent with D Door
Floor Size: 11 x 9 feet
Peak Height: 72 inches
Could it be that you operate in a schedule that is too tight? Well, this best core 6-person instant tent could be the solution you have been yearning for. As its designation implies, this tent deploys faster and more conveniently. This means it is more likely to facilitate squeezed operations.
Protection: In its entirety, the tent features numerous water block technology features. These are brought about by the water repellent fabrics and work jointly to endow you the benefits of a clean interior. Its seams are not left out either as they are sealed and fully-taped for added protection.
4 Season: When all are said and done, the tent lets you stay comfortable in all seasons. The advanced venting, on the other hand, guarantees a smooth inflow of fresh and cool air. This inflow keeps you in a state of comfort, coolness and excellent ventilation. It also allows the hot air to escape out.
- Sets up in under one minute
- Blocks out all water to keep you dry
- Has a higher center height of 72 inches
- Organizes your interior gears appropriately
- Large enough for two queen size mattresses
- Just water repellent but not for heavy rainy days
9. Best Overall – Eureka 6 Person 3 Season Tent
The manufacturer of this tent understands that you do not have to acquire a new tent for every other season of the year. That is why it has crafted a tent that is versatile enough for use in three out of the four seasons in a year.
Peak Height: 7 feet
Floor Size: 10 x 10 feet
Minimum Weight: 23 pounds 2 ounces
Versatile: Indeed, this best Eureka 6-person 3-season tent is useful for all seasons to save winter. It gives you all the trappings and comfort of the outdoors without necessarily forfeiting the convenience of the home area. The tent is structured in the cabin style and is subsequently more spacious than the rest are.
Lightweight: Only light and convenient materials have been used to adorn it. These include the fiberglass frame, pole sleeves, ring/pin assembly, and clips. Being light, they allow for smooth and convenient handling. The cabin style is accompanied by steep vertical walls. These maximum the floor space to allow for a maximum sleeping area.
- Gives you enough room to relax
- Has sufficient space for airbeds and cots
- Applicable for three out of four seasons in a year
- Stands tall to the harmful effects of rain and harsh weather
- Zippered for utmost protection against all harmful weather
- Cannot grow with the occupants
10. Highly Waterproof – Kelty 6 Person Tent with Footprint
Number of Doors: 2
Numer of Vestibules: 2
To be able to prepare adequately for the rain, you have to pick and use the best Kelty 6-person tent for rain. Indeed, fewer are any tents than this one is as appropriately suited for handling rainy days.
It does incorporate many features and specifications, all of which are geared towards shielding you from the same.
Tent Wall: Chief among these are the steep walls. These create some roomy interiors which give you ample space to move about. At the same time, they also block out all moisture to retain the interiors dry and comfortable at all times.
Fly: Thanks to the stargazing fly you will be able to roll the tent up in order to capture some unobstructed views. After you are done with your views, you will yet again clip them down easily. This arrangement, in fact, is what goes a long way to make the tent provide awesome protection against the rain.
- Gives you plenty of headroom
- Spacious enough for four adult sleepers
- Enjoys flexible orientations when pitched
- Zippers are strong and do not get caught easily
- Allows for unobstructed views of the starry nights
- Unsuitable for backpacking
How Big Is a 6 Person Tent?
When you camp, you want to make sure that you have room enough for all the gang or the family. That’s why when a tent ad states that it fits a certain amount of people, you want to know exactly how big this will end up being.
According to sources, a six-person tent is what families with children will commonly select.
- It can still be a dome tent, but it will be the largest size of single dome tents that is available where you shop.
- The actual size will vary between 90 to 120 square feet. They will have enough room for you to stand, but if you are tall, you might have to crouch down.
- The cabin tents that are six people tend to have more room. If you have four or more adults along, this extra room will be necessary.
How Do You Set up a 6 Person Tent?
When it comes to six-person tents, you may wonder exactly how you’re going to set one up. The instructions may have given you a guideline of around 20 minutes set up time, but what does that actually mean?
- First, when it comes to the tent set up, except that the first time you do it, you will probably take longer than the instructions mandate. Take this into account because you don’t want it to be dark when you’re trying to get your last pegs in.
- You will start by unwrapping and unfolding the entire tent.
- Then, you are going to need to put the rods together as instructed in the directions.
- Next, you will need to put the poles in the tent in the loops. The side poles will go last.
- Finally, you will have to hammer the stakes into the ground if your tent has these. Then you will need to put the poles into the stakes.
It is great to arrange for you when choosing which tent is best for you. It is likewise fundamental to do a little research online to discover what carp proprietors think about their involvement with those tents. When you get your work done, you can believe that the store you purchase will be the best one for you.
Indeed, all the best 6-person tents we have reviewed above are great and relevant for any person’s use. It is hence in your best interest to prioritize them in your search for the right one. Just read the explanations we have placed here and pick that one that mirrors your expectations. All the best in your search!
|Best Coleman 6 Person Tent with Screen Room||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Coleman WeatherMaster 4 Season 6 Person Tent with Screen Room||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Coleman 6 Person Camping Tent with LED Light System||Buy on Amazon|
|Best ALPS Mountaineering 6 Person Backpacking Tent||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Coleman 6 Person Cabin Tent||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Coleman 6 Person Dome Tent with a Screen-in Porch||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Coleman Tent for 6 Person Family with Cabinets||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Core 6 Person Instant Tent for 4 Seasons||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Eureka 6 Person 3 Season Tent||Buy on Amazon|
|Best Kelty 6 Person Tent for Rain||Buy on Amazon|